Product name:Methyl salicylate
Density:1.174 g/ml at 25°C
Package:1 L/bottle, 25 L/drum, 200 L/drum
|Appearance||Colorless oily liquid|
|Angular rotation||Optically inactive|
|Organic volatile impurities||Meets the requirements|
1.It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, and is widely used in joint muscle analgesic paste, tincture and oil.
2.It is also used as solvent and various of intermediates, and can be used in the manufacture of insecticides, fungicides, polishing agents, copper resistant agents, spices, food, cosmetics, toothpaste, coatings, inks and fiber dye aids.
It is soluble in ethanol, ether, glacial acetic acid, slightly soluble in water.
1. Packed in galvanized iron drum or glass bottle. Store in a cool, dry place.
2. Use plastic drums or iron drums lined with plastic packaging, and the container must be sealed. Store and transport according to toxic and dangerous goods regulations.
1. Chemical properties: When boiled with water, salicylic acid is partially hydrolyzed and freed, making ferric chloride purple. It is easy to change color when exposed to the air. It is the main component of wintergreen oil. It will turn dark brown in contact with iron.
2. This product is highly toxic. Rat oral LD50 is 887mg/kg. The minimum oral lethal dose for adults is 170 mg/kg. Swallowing this product will seriously damage the stomach. Production equipment should be closed. Operators should wear protective gear.
3. Exist in flue-cured tobacco leaves, burley tobacco leaves and oriental tobacco leaves.
4. Naturally found in essential oils such as wintergreen oil, ylang ylang oil, acacia oil, and fruit juices such as cherries and apples.
5. Swallowing a relatively small amount can cause serious harm and death.
6. The exposed air is easy to change color.